William Lidwell 2003. “Universal Principles of Design’ Rockport Publishers.
WIRED Magazine. 2005 (Issued monthly). WIRED NEWS
Information Design Intro
- Information Design It's All in the Process. Adobe Magazine / Spring 1997.
- Log in, Blog on, Rock Out, RES Magazine on line.
- Information Design - Digital Web Magazine
- Tech Head Info
- Info Design - an Introduction
- Information Design a select bibliography
- AIGA Design Forum
- STC Information Design Resources
Web Design / Blogs / Docs
- Ask Edward Tufte - Forum
- Web Pages That Suck
- Cool Web Pages
- William Gibson's Blog
- Japan Bloggers Webring
- Alive in Kyoto
- The Digital Space Commons
- PHLOG - Mobile Phone Blogging
- The Minor Fall, The Major Lift
- WordPress - Advanced Blogging Platform
- “Absolute PowerPoint,”PDF FILE. Parker, Ian, The New Yorker, May 28, 2001, pp. 76 - 87.
- “Beyond PowerPoint.” Shugart, Stephen,
- "PowerPoint is Evil" Edward Tufte,WIRED 11.09.2003
- Thinking With Type, more information on using type.
- Thwaites, H. (2005) INFORMATION IMPACT OF SPATIAL INFORMATION COMPLEXES - MUSEUMS
- Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal museum of archaeology
- Museum of Civilization in Quebec City
- Virtual Museum of Canada
- Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Mark Harden, Artchive ("texas.net Museum of Art")
- Nicholas Pioch, "WebMuseum" ("Le WebLouvre")
- Art Museum Image Consortium (AMICO)
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Brancusi's Mademoiselle Pogany
- Frick Collection Virtual Tour
- Sydney Opera Virtual Tour
- Mini MOMA
Virtual Museum Models
- Guggenheim Virtual Museum
- Whitney Artport
- Rhizome Artbase
- s m i t h s o n i a n w i t h o u t w a l l s
Selected readings will be assigned each week pertaining to particular aspects of the course. Check the website weekly for updates and announcements.
While this course is a mix of both theory and practical, the only way to gain a real insight into the scope and breadth of information design is to read widely on the topic. The readings will reflect the diversity of the literature that is available and will be the student's responsibility.